September 1 2010 06:21
The world's first and only foot-activated motorized router lift.
The introductory price of the PowerLift will be $389.95 and includes:
- The PowerLift unit
- The control box
- Bidirectional foot pedal
- Articulating Control box mounting arm
- FREE SHIPPPING!
Join the MLCS Eclub for the pre-sale and special offers
Also visit the MLCS PowerLift page.
- Only the Powerlift allows for true Hands Free plunge cutting. No Cranks or Handles.
- Only the Powerlift uses a bi directional electronic foot pedal allowing the user to make micro-adjustments to a spinning bit (to within .001”) for real Precision.
- Only the Powerlift has a digital control panel (with mounting arm included) giving the user control of the speed and direction of the lift.
- Only the Powerlift allows you to change the router bit above the table in seconds.
- Make incremental passes quick and easy without ever turning off your router or taking your hands off of the work piece.
- Make repeatable Plunge cuts for mortises and dados using the built-in Depth Stop.
|The Control Panel
The Advanced Control panel allows the operator to:
The lift shows precision to the .001 inches, and allows for micro-adjustment of the bit height at slow speeds.
- Set the speed of the lift
- Zero out the height of the lift
- See the current height, direction, and speed
- Switch between inches and milimeters
- Activate the lift up or down
- Hold the lift (disables the lift to prevent accidental activation from the footswitch)
The footswitch allows the operator to raise or lower the lift while keeping both hands on the work piece.
Operations that were previously too difficult or too dangerous can now be perform on the router table - with better dust collection and improved safety.
You can turn your router table into an efficient and effective mortising machine. A simple jig that controls the movement of the work piece on top of the table, combined with raising the spinning bit via the footswitch, will yield perfect mortises.
The lift is controlled by a powerful DC motor that transfers the power to the lift using cogged pulleys and belt. This effective transfer of power yields no backlash when adjusting height.
The lift has a depth stop that triggers a microswitch to stop the lift when the desired height is reached. The depth stop is used to set the maximum height that the bit can protrude above the table. This feature is useful for repeatable cuts and incremental passes.
The router motor requires no tools to mount in the lift!
The PowerLift raises the router through the table to allow fast and easy bit changes.
|Which Routers can be used with the PowerLift?
The PowerLift supports most 3.5 inch diameter router motors, and has been tested and verified to work with the following routers:
There are many other routers with a 3.5 inch diameter motor, the models listed above are just those that have been tested with the unit.